Sunday, March 18, 2012

New Life , New Beginning

Have you been on a retreat? Has anyone invited you to undergo into this kind of process or join the event?
Well if not, you must go with it, because it is a life changing event that you would not regret in your entire life. You will gonna know more about yourself, know who really God is into your life and could change your lifestyle than before.

Maybe, you may ask why I am asking that question to you and why I am urging you to undergo with it. Well as to my experience, it changed my life very much, I discovered a lot of things about myself, towards others, and especially having an ultimate relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ who saved us from all of our afflictions.


Here the story goes.


It was Last month of summer, wherein the church that I used to go into was having a retreat (Encounter). At first I am confused if would go or not. But my co-church mates are encouraging me to join for almost a year also. Every time the church plans to have that event they always say that I think about it, due also to my busy schedule in school and later on my review. But the time has come to allow me to join the retreat (Encounter).


The retreat was scheduled for three days, no visitors allowed and no communication to the outside world. If you are not used too it for these things you must sacrifice for a little while. I heard a lot about the retreat from my friends that undergone the process, they say that it was so great, a lot of revelation was revealed to them and a new discovery of themselves was been established. I feel the excitement when I heard their testimonies about the encounter.


As the 1st day of the retreat starts, we encountered ourselves. Who we are in this world living into God's wonderful creation and how we live on it for in your years of existence until the retreat. On the 2nd day, we encounter GOD who he really is into us, How he managed to let us know that he truly loves us. And on the last day (3rd day) we encounter others, how we deal with other people.

After the retreat days, I experienced a life changing moment especially on how I deal with the people around me and the most important is I rad the worlds greatest book which is the THE HOLY BIBLE. Before. I just open the BIBLE when during school class, but now it is everyday reading the word of GOD for guidance and words of wisdom that would guide me in the rest of the day.

I am hoping that you also could experience what I have experience in joining the retreat (encounter).

     

No comments:

Post a Comment